The MPO from L3 EoTech combines the 557 holographic weapon sight with the “flip-to-side” 3x magnifier. This optic provides a great solution for CQB and mid-range distances. The unit is extremely rugged and easy to operate. The 557 is configured with the ballistic matching reticle calibrated specifically for the ballistic drop of .223 caliber ammunition.
- Order Code: 557.G23FTS
- Length/Width/Height: 5.70″x2.18″ (145x53x71mm)
- Weight: 23.8oz (744 grams)
- Waterproof: Submersible to 33 ft.
- Color/Finish: Non reflective black with hard coat finish
- Mount: MIL-STD-1913 rail
- Power Source: 2x 1.5V AA batteries (supports lithium, alkaline, or rechargeable)
- Battery Life: 1,000 continuous hours (lithium) at nominal setting 12, 600 continuous hours withh AA alkaline.
- Optics: Transmission holography – parallax free
- Optical Surfaces: Anti-glare coating
- Window Dimensions: 1.20″ x 0.85″ (30 x 23mm)
- Front Window Material: 1/8″ solid glass
- Rear Window Material: Shatter resistant laminate (3/16″ thick)
- HWS Field of View (100 yds): 30 yds (28m) at a 4″ eye relief
- HWS Standard Reticle: AR223 BDC reticle with additional drop point dots for 400, 500, and 600 meters
- HWS Eye Relief: Unlimited
- Temperature: -40 to 150 F (using AA lithiums); -20 to 140 F (AA Alkaline)
- Sealing: Fogproof internal optics
- Adjustment (per click): 0.5 MOA (1/2″ at 100 yds)
- Adjustment Range: +/- 40 MOA travel
- Return to Zero: Repeatable to 1 MOA after re-mounting
- Brightness Adjustment Range: 146000:1 brightest to lowest
- Night Vision Brightness Range: 1280:1 with NV switch engaged
- Function Button Location: Left side near the rear of sight
- Brightness Settings: 30 settings with scrolling feature (10 settings for NV use)
- Auto Battery Check Indicator: Flashing reticle upon start-up
- Auto Shut-down: At 8 hrs- programmable to 4 hrs
- Magnifier – Magnification Fixed: 3.25X
- Magnifier – Field of View: 6 degrees
- MSRP: $1019.00
- Website: EoTech
- Installation is extremely simple, the unit attaches to any standard 1913 picatinny rail. Both the 557 optic and 3x magnifier install in seconds.
- The 557 has 3 buttons on its left side – A reticle brightness up arrow, a reticle brightness down arrow, and a button to turn night vision mode on/off.
- The 3x magnifier folds to the right by depressing a lever on it side, It is spring loaded so it quickly moves out of the way.
- Adjustments are accomplished by two adjustment screws on the right side of the 557. The sight is adjustable for both windage and elevation and includes tactile feedback in the adjustment. It took no longer than 10 min to get my unit zeroed in at 100yds (tested on a Sig Sauer 556 rifle).
- Extremely well built – very rugged! It is waterproof, shockproof, and temperature proof. The HWS is designed to withstand Mil-Spec drop tests and still remain fully operational and hold zero. The HWS has been extensively tested in a punishing recoil simulator generating 3,500 G’s of acceleration in less than 0.5 milliseconds (the recoil of a .454 Casull revolver) as well as various environmental chambers)..
- Easy to mount.
- Very easy to use.
- Extremely fast sight acquisition.
- Very bright reticle that will not “wash out” even in the brightest conditions (I tested it in direct sunlight on a snow-covered range).
- The HWS does not emit any muzzle side position revealing light signature…the projected reticle pattern is visible only to the operator. Even Gen III night vision equipment cannot detect muzzle side signature of the operator’s position.
- Magnifier easily and quickly flips out of the way when its not needed.
- Ranging dots for 0-300m, 400m, 500m, and 600m calibrated for .223 ammunition. Combined ranging and aiming in one holographic image
- True ‘two eyes open’ heads-up display has wide field of view for situational awareness.
- Uses readily available batteries (AA).
- A bit expensive (in all fairness – all military grade optics in this category are though and like most things, you get what you pay for).
- Buttons are slightly inset so they can be tough to press if wearing gloves or if you have large fingers.
- Unit only offers one reticle pattern (would be ideal if you could select different patterns).
The MPO is an extremely versatile and useful optic that is very well built and is simple to operate. It offers excellent CQB and mid-range sighting options. I HIGHLY recommend this product.