Here’s a quick look at the Cozy Partner IWB Holster from DeSantis.
- Available in Tan unlined leather
- Must be worn with a belt
- Accommodates belts up to 1 ¾ inch wide
- Features a tension device and precise molding for handgun retention.
- A memory band retains the holster’s shape for easy one handed re-holstering.
- Very well constructed.
- Extremely comfortable – no problem wearing it all day long.
- Offers excellent protection for the gun.
- Snaps can be hard to open/close until they are broken in.
- The fit on the EMP is pretty loose, this holster looks like it was probably designed for a .45 1911 with a 3″ barrel which is slightly larger than the EMP. even with the retention screw fully tightened, the gun is loose in the holster.
- The holster seems to sit higher on the waist that it needs to. I prefer a holster that sits deeper inside the waistband.
- The manual thumb safety on my Springfield Armory EMP 40 can occasionally be deactivated when putting the gun in the holster if you’re not careful. Note – this is partially caused by the relatively loose safety mechanism on the EMP.
This is a very well constructed and comfortable holster. I am able to carry my Springfield EMP 40 in it all day long without problems. I wish it had some kind of mechanism to ensure the manual safety remained engaged while holstering and the fit could be better. In my opinion, there are better IWB choices available for the Springfield EMP. In general, while I love the look and feel of leather, I personally find Kydex holsters to be a more practical choice for IWB carry.